Thursday 1 August 2013

Girls that SQUAT

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9958029/?claim=8nk85kc5un4">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

So I'm still getting use to blogging. This month I've done the squat challenge. What I should have done was take a pic of my butt at the beginning and then again at the end, but I've only just thought about it, which I guess is lucky for you guys as you won't be seeing it YET. Although I have taken measurements. For anyone that doesn't know what the squat challenge is, see the pic below
I started off doing the first 2 weeks with a 2kg dumbbell weight in each hand and my god was it hard. The third week I moved up to the 4kg dumbbell and carried on with a 5kg dumbbell for week 4 and the rest of the challenge. 
 
WHY SQUAT??
Squats work on the hips, glutes, quads and hamstrings whilst strengthening the core. Therefore toning your legs and butt muscles. They also improve abdominal and back strength, burn calories from all the muscles involved and promote flexibility.
A few tips
  • Try not to extend your knees past your toes. If you’re doing the squats right, you should be sitting back with your ass out and back straight.
  • Don’t arch your back. The best way to make sure this doesn’t happen is to keep your head up when you squat, and KEEP YOUR ABS tight throughout the whole exercise (that’s right, squats will even work your abs).
  • Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart, and point your toes slightly outward.

  • RESULTS
    Although I found the first couple of days hard work, it actually became fairly enjoyable over the month. I must admit it did make me break out into a sweat as well. I wouldn't say I have noticed a massive difference but it does show in my measurements. I have a total loss of 2 inches in measurements and 4lbs. So all in all, not too bad for my first month.

    How many of you have tried the squat challenge and what was your thoughts??

    Measurements
    01-Jul-13 31-Jul-13
    Waist 26.25 26
    Stomach 30 29.5
    Hips 32 32
    Bum 38.25 37.75
    Between Hips and Bum 35 35
    Under bust 29 29
    Left Thigh 23 22.75
    Right Thigh 23.25 22.75
    Weight 9st 9lbs 9st 5lbs

    1 comment:

    1. Hi,
      good to see a fitness blog, im also new to the blogging world. I exercise loads (cardio & Strength) but am really struggling with my problem area - my stomach. Do you have any tips for getting toned abs.

      Thanks and good luck!
      Sabrina
      x

      ReplyDelete